Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Evergreen Secondary School

Envelopes of Love entered Evergreen Secondary School!

In conjunction with the International Friendship Week, Envelope of Love had been invited to join us for the week. All the students from Evergreen Sec were encouraged to do a card for the affected kids in Sichuan.

Woah.. Our non-chinese friends are helping

Full concentration.. More cards in the process
1 big heart, made by 5 little rainbow
A pot of gold after the rainbow
One of those nicely decorated cards.
Listen to what our friends have to say:
"I felt this activity was very interesting and meaningful. I can not only help those people in Sichuan by donating some money but also make cards to brighten up their days. Although I have to think ,design and draw which sometimes could take some time especially when it’s during competition period, but I still think that those time spent on doing those cards paid off as our cards will make the children’s day a better one. I was watching the news when they reported about the Sichuan earthquake and was thinking of how to help the people there. A 14 years old teenager can’t do much, I can’t go to Sichuan to help them rebuild their houses nor become first aider to help in saving lives. But “Envelopes of Love” this project gave me this chance to help them just by making cards for them."
by our chinese friend.
"I felt that the envelopes of love programme was a memorable and meaningful thing to do. During the day, me and all my classmates took the school time to make cards for the victims in the Sichuan earthquake in hope that it would encourage them to live life to the fullest and provide moral support after what the earthquake had done to their lives. During the collection of the cards that all the students made, I was surprised to see the creativity of how the students tried to make them. Although there were a number of cards that were not approved, I felt that the effort that we had put in into them was a lot. I strongly hope that it would have a great impact on the victims of the earthquake in Sichuan." by our malay friend.

No comments: